Northwest Entrepreneur Competition - Big Ideas Wanted!
WHAT IS THE NORTHWEST ENTREPRENEUR COMPETITION?
The Northwest Entrepreneur Competition (NEC) is one of the largest, longstanding entrepreneurial events in the Inland Northwest, inviting over a dozen regional high schools, colleges, and universities to pitch their best business idea and compete for over $50,000 in cash and in-kind awards.
For 15 years, the NEC has acted as an entrepreneurial catalyst for the region – encouraging and supporting the region’s best and brightest to turn their business concept into reality through providing connections, support, and financial reward.
The Northwest Entrepreneur Competition (NEC) seeks to:
- Provide students and their teams with constructive feedback and encouragement to proceed with building a sustainable enterprise based on their submitted business plan;
- Serve as a competitive and compelling launchpad for student teams who wish to continue on the regional and national business plan circuit; and
- Create businesses that will directly benefit the Inland Northwest through increased economic impact and employment opportunities.
WHAT DOES THE NORTHWEST COMPETITION LOOK LIKE?
The NEC take place over 3-months every spring, ranging from online submittals to in-person events. To best prepare students for success, students are judged in multiple formats (Video, Writing, In-Person Interview), and are given judge’s feedback to ensure the NEC is a learning experience. The event culminates with a competition day, which includes a Judges Luncheon, Final Pitch Event, Student Reception and Award Ceremony.
Executive Summaries & Videos Due Friday, February 14th
Judges Pitch Premier Night Tuesday, February 26th
“Top Eight” results announced Monday, March 2nd
Competition Day Thursday, April 16th
Award Ceremony & Reception Thursday, April 16th
WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF THE NORTHWEST ENTREPRENEUR COMPETITION?
The Northwest Entrepreneur Competition has been a fixture of the regional entrepreneurship community for over 15 years. A typical snapshot of an annual NEC Event:
- $50,000+ Cash and In-Kind Awards
- 40 – 75 participating College, University, and High School Students Teams
- 30 – 40 Business Judges and Community Volunteers
- 10+ Advisory Members from regional businesses and higher education institutions
Since inception, the NEC has spurred startup development that has translated in over $186 million in revenue and employing over 245 people in the Inland Northwest.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Sam Koester | Senior Administrative Assistant – Entrepreneurship
Hedlund 104 | 1000 W Garden Avenue | Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814