Northwest Entrepreneur Competition - Big Ideas Wanted!
Due to the concerns of the COVID-19 this program has changed its format. If you are still interested in the competition please contact Sam Koester at the information listed below.
WHAT IS THE NORTHWEST ENTREPRENEUR COMPETITION?
The Northwest Entrepreneur Competition (NEC) is one of the largest, longstanding entrepreneurial events in the Inland Northwest, inviting over a dozen regional high schools, colleges, and universities to pitch their best business idea and compete for over $50,000 in cash and in-kind awards.
For 15 years, the NEC has acted as an entrepreneurial catalyst for the region – encouraging and supporting the region’s best and brightest to turn their business concept into reality through providing connections, support, and financial reward.
The Northwest Entrepreneur Competition (NEC) seeks to:
- Provide students and their teams with constructive feedback and encouragement to proceed with building a sustainable enterprise based on their submitted business plan;
- Serve as a competitive and compelling launchpad for student teams who wish to continue on the regional and national business plan circuit; and
- Create businesses that will directly benefit the Inland Northwest through increased economic impact and employment opportunities.
WHAT DOES THE NORTHWEST COMPETITION LOOK LIKE?
The NEC take place over 3-months every spring, ranging from online submittals to in-person events. To best prepare students for success, students are judged in multiple formats (Video, Writing, In-Person Interview), and are given judge’s feedback to ensure the NEC is a learning experience. The event culminates with a competition day, which includes a Judges Luncheon, Final Pitch Event, Student Reception and Award Ceremony.
Executive Summaries & Videos Due Friday, February 14th
Judges Pitch Premier Night Tuesday, February 26th
“Top Eight” results announced Monday, March 2nd
Competition Day Thursday, April 16th
Award Ceremony & Reception Thursday, April 16th
WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF THE NORTHWEST ENTREPRENEUR COMPETITION?
The Northwest Entrepreneur Competition has been a fixture of the regional entrepreneurship community for over 15 years. A typical snapshot of an annual NEC Event:
- $50,000+ Cash and In-Kind Awards
- 40 – 75 participating College, University, and High School Students Teams
- 30 – 40 Business Judges and Community Volunteers
- 10+ Advisory Members from regional businesses and higher education institutions
Since inception, the NEC has spurred startup development that has translated in over $186 million in revenue and employing over 245 people in the Inland Northwest.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Sam Koester | Senior Administrative Assistant – Entrepreneurship
Hedlund 104 | 1000 W Garden Avenue | Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814